We understand students may not find their ideal study abroad program through NWTC. Therefore, the College developed partnerships with organizations and institutions that provide study abroad options that include a language immersion, destinations not offered by NWTC, and programs ranging from one week to a full year.
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is a yearlong fellowship to study and work in Germany. CBYX is open to applicants in all career fields, though preference is given to students in STEM fields, agriculture, business, and vocational fields.
The fellowship is funded by the US and German governments through a grant provided by the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, under the authority of the Fulbright-Hays Act of 1961, as amended. More information can be found at www.usagermanyscholarship.org/.
The CBYX program annually provides 75 participants with:
- 2 months intensive German language training
- 1 semester of study at a German university or university of applied sciences
- 5-month internship with a German company in the participant’s career field
- Transatlantic airfare, health insurance, and monthly living expense stipend
Prior German language knowledge is not required, though it is preferred. Applicants should have clear career goals and some relevant work experience in their career field, which may include summer, part-time, or internship work. Participants must be between the ages of 18-24, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and be US citizens or permanent residents.
Interested applicants can apply online at www.CBYX.info. The application deadline for the 2014-2015 program is December 1, 2015.
Scotland, transfer agreement with RGU
Complete your bachelors degree with Robert Gordon University, located in Aberdeen Scotland, in one year. The agreement between NWTC and RGU is for students in Hospitality Management or Business Management only at this time. Complete your associate degree at NWTC and then transfer to RGU to complete a bachelor degree.
- Merit scholarships from $2,000 to $9,000
- Receive your bachelors degree in one year, or stay for two years to complete a bachelors with honors
- On campus housing available
- RGU website for international students:http://www.rgu.ac.uk/international
Check out other study abroad opportunities through our partnerships:
To request more information on study abroad partnerships please contact:
International Programs Assistant
Edited with Online HTML Converter.