For students considering a study abroad experience, follow these eight steps to get started with the process.
- Read through the study abroad webpages to become familiar with upcoming study abroad programs, financial support opportunities, eligibility requirements, etc.
- Attend an info session. Sessions are scheduled about twice a semester. The dates are shared via mymail email. Otherwise, email Lacy Frewerd at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about upcoming session dates.
- Meet with an International Programs team member. Email Lacy Frewerd at email@example.com to schedule an appointment or stop in Student Involvement, SC118.
- Apply for your passport. Even if you don't study abroad it is helpful to have a passport, which is valid for 10 years. Check out the Passport page for more details on how to apply.
- Build your budget and check out financial aid and scholarships. For students interested in finding out what financial aid may be available to use towards study abroad, contact a Financial Aid Advisor. Check out the Financial Support page for additional opportunities.
- Apply! Be sure to submit your application and supporting documents by the deadlines. The study abroad application is linked to the programs on the Study Abroad page.
- Prepare! Attend the required pre-departure orientation meetings, ask questions, and learn all you can about the new culture. The meetings are scheduled after participants are accepted into the study abroad program.
- Pack your bags, have an open mind, and get excited about your life changing journey!