Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above (although students may apply if their GPA is 2.0 or above)
Meet with a study abroad adviser to discuss academic and personal preparedness to study abroad
Applicants with GPAs between 2.0-2.74 are required to:
Submit an additional essay explaining why their GPA is below 2.75. The essay should demonstrate that:
- their GPA is stable or improving
- they have strong academic and/or personal interests in the study abroad program, which are apparent in their course choices at NWTC, extracurricular activities, etc.
- they have a detailed plan for improving their academic performance
- Demonstrate seriousness of purpose and clear reasons for choosing a particular study abroad program in the Study Abroad Application.
- Demonstrate emotional stability and maturity
- Students must demonstrate the ability to lead a stable, responsible, and healthy life abroad as a representative of NWTC and the U.S.