Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC) is committed to the college and career readiness of students by providing access to earning college credit while in high school. NWTC partners with school districts to create mutually beneficial outcomes for students, the community and workforce.
- Increased awareness of career pathways in technical occupations for high school students and their parents
- Delivery of STEM curriculum and hands-on industry aligned learning that increases engagement and performance of high school students
- Increased number of students pursuing a credential beyond high school, building and sustaining a skilled workforce in our communities
- Reduced time from high school to workforce with training in skilled technical areas – resulting in improved opportunities for workforce entry and career advancement
- Shared resources among educational partners and professional development opportunities for high school teachers
We are pleased that over 90% of our in-district K-12 partners take advantage of dual credit opportunities for their students. Some districts have developed deeper programming with a commitment to career pathways. These pathways focus on connections between education and workforce with an emphasis on attainment of a higher education credential.